When: May 20-22
Where: Private Ranch in Junction
The first SOAL men’s camping trip is here. We’ll be starting Friday afternoon and ending Sunday morning. Very little agenda other than hanging out, hiking and having fun. Expect to pitch in $20-25 to cover food.
There will be 1 8-man tent and 1 6-man tent provided. Weather looks good. Some light rain expected Friday night / early Saturday morning but clear after that through Sunday.
- When coming into Junction take the Hwy 377 / Main St exit (there’s a McDonalds, Coopers BBQ and a bunch of gas stations at this exit).
- Go left on 377 / Main under I-10. After 1.7 miles, turn right to continue on 377 (also named S 11th St at this point).
- From this point, drive 13.5 miles on 377. Once the road bends hard left and crosses the river, you have less than a mile to go. You’ll see an old red-roofed schoolhouse on the left, and shortly after that the entrance to the ranch on the left. The entrance has “RH” on the gates.
Departure Times & Groups
- Friday, 10AM, leaving from Josh Motlong’s house | Jonathan M, Josh M, Garrett Whitten, Andrew W, Eric M, Paul K, David M, Andrew M
- Friday, 5 – 6PM | Brandon B, Ryan H, Todd O (?)
- Friday, Late | Jonathan M, Kai M, (?)
A few things worth knowing:
- We’ll be camped right by the river (awesome), about 1/2 mile from our cars
- If you can only make it for part of the trip, that’s better than none!
Fill out the form below asap if you plan on coming (even if it’s only for part of the time). If you need some gear, we’ll get it worked out for you.